ADMISSIONS TO TEMBUSU COLLEGE FOR ACADEMIC YEAR 2021-2022 IS NOW CLOSED.
For admissions in AY2021-2022:
The application window for incoming students into UTCP has been extended to 20 April 2021 (1200hrs). We will not be extending this deadline any further. You are strongly encouraged to apply even if you have not received an offer to join an undergraduate degree programme in NUS.
University Town College Programme (UTCP) at Tembusu College is typically a two year residency programme. After two years, students may apply to spend a third year in residency, during which they can take part in the Third Year Experience. A very limited number of students may also be selected to stay a fourth year.
Candidates interested to gain admission to Tembusu College have to submit an application through the Joint Residential College Application System website. Please note that the application system will not be available from 1:00AM to 3:00AM daily (+8 GMT) for system maintenance.
All candidates have to submit an essay as part of the application process. Shortlisted candidates residing in Singapore should be prepared to be called for an interview. Otherwise, alternative interview arrangements will be considered on a case by case basis. The interview session will allow us to get to know you better and learn about your interests and talents. It is also an opportunity for you to find out more about University Town and the College. We are looking to recruit a diversity of people with varied interests.
Before accessing the Joint Residential College Application System, candidates should note the following:
- For incoming freshmen, please feel free to apply to us while awaiting your offer from NUS. However, admission into the UTCP at Tembusu College is contingent upon your acceptance of an offer to pursue an undergraduate degree program in NUS.
- By joining Tembusu College, you will participate in the UTCP.
- You may indicate your preference for Tembusu College in your application, but your eventual College placement (if selected) may be different from this.
- If you choose not to indicate a preference for a residential college, your application will be assigned to one residential college for consideration.
- Meals are considered part of community life in the college, and it is compulsory for all students to purchase meal plan if admitted to the College. Please refer to our FAQ for more information.
- A copy of the *Tembusu College brochure is available here.
- More information is available on Residential Colleges.
*For the most updated information, please refer to the relevant pages on the college website.
After successful admission via the UTCP, the candidates are required to complete a room registration process via the Office of Student Affairs’ University Hostel Management System (UHMS) portal. The UHMS portal is only available to candidates who have been offered admission to Tembusu College and an NUS undergraduate programme.
So what is it like in this Home of Possibilities?