Scholarships & Financial Aid
Students from any and all economic backgrounds are encouraged to apply to Tembusu College, as we do our best to provide financial aid to qualified students in need. As part of our continuing efforts to keep Tembusu College affordable for all students, four different financial aid opportunities are available, in addition to the many regular and on-going financial aid schemes offered by NUS:
- UTown Scholarships
- UTown Bursaries
- Tembusu College Grant
- Part-time employment
|UTown Scholarship||Annual Value||Availability|
|Kwan Im Thong Hood Cho Temple Scholarship at UTown||$10,000||All nationalities.|
|NUSS – Della & Seng Gee UTown Scholarship||$10,000||All nationalities.|
|Steve Appleton-Micron Scholarship||$10,000||Singapore Citizen and Permanent Residents from Electrical, Computer, Mechanical or Chemical Engineering with specialization in Semiconductor manufacturing, design or related activities.|
|Tembusu Partners Scholarship||$10,000||Tembusu College Only. Have completed at least 2 semesters, and preferably Singapore Citizens.|
|The Ngee Ann Kongsi Scholarship||$10,000||Singapore Citizens and Permanent Residents.|
|Tin Ka Ping Foundation Scholarship||$10,000||Citizens of People's Republic of China (PRC).|
More details about the listed UTown scholarships can be found here.
Application for UTown scholarships are now open. Students can submit an application via the University Town Scholarship System by 13 June 2018. Shortlisted students will be invited for interviews in June and July 2018. Application for the scholarships will open on 12 March 2018.
Please note that application for the UTown scholarships is independent of Financial Aid application. All interested students, including existing UTown scholarship holders must submit a fresh application via the link above before the application deadline. Prospective students who have applied for admission to Tembusu College and keen to apply for the UTown scholarships are encouraged to submit an application for the scholarship concurrently, while waiting for their admission outcomes. All the scholarships are bond-free.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews in June and July 2018.
|UTown Bursary||Annual Value||Availability|
|Alice & Peter Tan Bursary||At least
|Cheong Wing Chan and Kwok Yuet Ling Bursary||$5,000||All nationalities (Tembusu College only)|
|Keppel Bursary at NUS||$5,000||Singapore Citizens|
|Kwan Im Thong Hood Cho Temple Bursary @UTown||$5,000||All nationalities|
|MAC3 Bursary||At least
|NUSS UTown Bursary||$5,000||All nationalities|
|NUSS - Della & Seng Gee UTown Bursary||$5,000||All nationalities|
|Tahir Bursary||At least
|Tembusu Partners Bursary||$5,000||Preferably Singapore Citizens (Tembusu College Only)|
|The Ngee Ann Kongsi Bursary||$5,000||Singapore Citizens and Permanent Residents|
|The Silent Environment Bursary||$6,000||All nationalities in the Bachelor of Environmental Studies (BES) programme|
|UTown Bursary||At least
|Wearnes Bursary||$5,000||Singapore Citizens|
|Wilmar International Bursary||$5,000||All nationalities|
|Winner Engineering Pte Ltd Bursary||$5,000||All nationalities|
|Wong Hock Boon Bursary||$5,000||All nationalities (Tembusu College only)|
More details about the listed UTown bursaries can be found here.
Tembusu College Grant
This scheme aims to help Tembusu students in financial need to cover some of the costs associated with residing in the College.
Who is eligible to apply for Tembusu College Grant?
- The scheme is open to Tembusu students who are Singapore Citizens or Permanent Residents.
- It is the onus of Tembusu students who are currently receiving external bursaries/scholarships/free aids to ensure that the provisions of their existing bursaries/scholarships/free aids do not prohibit them from holding the Tembusu College Grant.
Please note that:
- The application deadline for UTown bursaries is 1 April 2018. Application for the College Grant is open till further notice. If you missed the application deadline but are in need of financial assistance, please login to the NUS Undergraduate Financial Aid Portal, state the reason(s) for your late application and proceed to apply accordingly.
- Prospective students whose admission applications to the college are still being processed should also submit their financial aid applications through the portal by the same deadline.
- Applications for NUS Financial Aid, UTown Bursaries and the Tembusu College Grant are all via the NUS Undergraduate Financial Aid Portal. If you have applied for any of these, you will automatically be considered for all three so you do not need to apply again.
- If you are offered a bursary / scholarship by both the Office of Financial Aid (OFA) / Faculty and UTown, you will be informed if you are allowed to hold both awards concurrently. If you are not allowed to do so, the award with the lower quantum will be automatically withdrawn. Please check your NUS email account regularly as you may be required to submit additional supporting documents and / or accept the offer (if successful) by a stipulated deadline.
- Financial aid application is independent from UTown Scholarship application
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified via email by August 2017.
Post-Secondary Education Account (PSEA) Funds
Students may apply for ad-hoc withdrawals of PSEA funds for payment of the college (accommodation and meal) fees. More information about the application process and deadlines is available at Section 2(d) of the Office of Admissions page on the PSEA Scheme.
Employment Opportunities for Students
The college periodically provides its students with part-time employment opportunities. Financially needy students will be taken into consideration in hiring.
In addition to the opportunities above, there is a variety of other financial aid schemes available through NUS. More information on these financial aid schemes is available from the Office of Admissions page on Financial Aid. We strongly encourage all incoming students to apply for financial aid if they require financial assistance.