Scholarships & Financial Aid
Students from any and all economic backgrounds are encouraged to apply to Tembusu College, as we do our best to provide financial aid to qualified students in need. As part of our continuing efforts to keep Tembusu College affordable for all students, four different financial aid opportunities are available, in addition to the many regular and on-going financial aid schemes offered by NUS:
- Residential College Scholarships
- Residential College Bursaries
- Tembusu College Grant
- Part-time employment
Residential College Scholarships
|Residential College Scholarship||Annual Value|
|Kwan Im Thong Hood Cho Temple Scholarship at UTown||$10,000|
|NUSS – Della & Seng Gee Residential College Scholarship||$10,000|
|Shirdi Sai Worship Centre Scholarship||$10,000|
|Steve Appleton – Micron Scholarship||$10,000|
|The Ngee Ann Kongsi Scholarship||$10,000|
|Tin Ka Ping Foundation Scholarship||$10,000|
|Yong Liew Chin Music Scholarship||$10,000|
More details about the listed Residential College scholarships can be found here.
Application for Residential College scholarships will open from 7 March, Monday (09:00 hrs) - 29 April 2022, Friday (23:59 hrs). Students should submit an application via the Residential College Scholarship System.
Please note that application for the Residential College scholarships is independent of Financial Aid application. All interested students, including existing Residential College scholarship holders must submit a fresh application via the link above before the application deadline. The recipient must reside in a residential college at NUS UTown & RVRC and is deemed to have actively contributed to residential college life. The recipient must fulfil the University’s prevailing guidelines for scholarship award. Prospective students who have applied for admission to Tembusu College and keen to apply for the Residential College scholarships are encouraged to submit an application for the scholarship concurrently, while waiting for their admission outcomes. All the scholarships are bond-free.
Residential College Bursaries
The value of each bursary is at least $3,950 per annum. More details about the listed Residential College bursaries can be found here.
|Alice & Peter Tan Bursary|
|Cheong Wing Chan and Kwok Yuet Ling Bursary|
|Chen Ai Tze Memorial Bursary|
|Keppel Bursary at NUS|
|Kwan Im Thong Hood Cho Temple Bursary at UTown|
|NUS Alumni Bursary at Residential Colleges|
|NUSS UTown Bursary|
|NUSS - Della & Seng Gee Bursary|
|The Ngee Ann Kongsi Bursary|
|The Silent Environment Bursary|
|UTown Bursaries supported by Stephen Riady Group of Foundations|
|Wilmar International Bursary|
|Winner Engineering Pte Ltd Bursary|
|Wong Hock Boon Bursary|
Tembusu College Grant
This scheme aims to help Tembusu students in financial need to cover some of the costs associated with residing in the College.
Who is eligible to apply for Tembusu College Grant?
- The scheme is open to Tembusu students who are Singapore Citizens or Permanent Residents.
- It is the onus of Tembusu students who are currently receiving external bursaries/scholarships/free aids to ensure that the provisions of their existing bursaries/scholarships/free aids do not prohibit them from holding the Tembusu College Grant.
Please note that:
- The application deadline for Residential College bursaries is open from 15 January to 1 July 2022. Application for the College Grant is open till further notice. If you missed the application deadline but are in need of financial assistance, please login to the NUS Undergraduate Financial Aid Portal, state the reason(s) for your late application and proceed to apply accordingly.
- Prospective students whose admission applications to the college are still being processed should also submit their financial aid applications through the portal by the same deadline.
- Applications for NUS Financial Aid, Residential College Bursaries and the Tembusu College Grant are all via the NUS Undergraduate Financial Aid Portal. If you have applied for any of these, you will automatically be considered for all three so you do not need to apply again.
- If you are offered a bursary / scholarship by both the Office of Financial Aid (OFA) / Faculty and UTown, you will be informed if you are allowed to hold both awards concurrently. If you are not allowed to do so, the award with the lower quantum will be automatically withdrawn. Please check your NUS email account regularly as you may be required to submit additional supporting documents and / or accept the offer (if successful) by a stipulated deadline.
- Financial aid application is independent from Residential College Scholarship application
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified via email.
Post-Secondary Education Account (PSEA) Funds
Students may apply for ad-hoc withdrawals of PSEA funds for payment of the college (accommodation and meal) fees. More information about the application process and deadlines is available at Section 2(d) of the Office of Admissions page on the PSEA Scheme.
Employment Opportunities for Students
The college periodically provides its students with part-time employment opportunities. Financially needy students will be taken into consideration in hiring.
In addition to the opportunities above, there is a variety of other financial aid schemes available through NUS. More information on these financial aid schemes is available from the Office of Admissions page on Financial Aid. We strongly encourage all incoming students to apply for financial aid if they require financial assistance.