Tembusu Ambassadors are now recruiting!
August 29, 2012
Tembusu College is seeking dedicated and enthusiastic students to serve as Tembusu Ambassadors!
*Please note that this is a separate recruitment from the UTown Ambassadors. If you have applied to be a UTown Ambassador and are also interested in becoming a Tembusu Ambassador, please do put in a separate application to Tembusu College.
Your Ticket to the World!
Tembusu Ambassadors will have the opportunity to assist in welcoming and hosting high profile visitors such as local and foreign Ambassadors and diplomats when they visit Tembusu College and/or University Town (UTown). As an Ambassador, you will also be able to promote and showcase Tembusu College & UTown to prospective students during Outreach events, such as the NUS Open House.
What do Tembusu Ambassadors do?
- Meet and greet visitors of Tembusu College/UTown
- Provide campus tours around Tembusu College
- Attend special Tembusu College functions and events such as the Tembusu Forum and interact with distinguished guests
- Connect with prospective students who have specific questions about Tembusu College
- Welcome incoming exchange students to Tembusu College (from AY2012/13 Semester 2)
- Advance the ideals of a residential college education through Outreach efforts
Who is an ideal candidate?
- Tembusu College students (Freshmen and Seniors)
- Good knowledge of Tembusu College and UTown
- Possess genuine interest in meeting and interacting people from all walks of life
- Friendly, personable, mature and confident in interacting with (new) people
- Able to represent Tembusu College both on and off campus
- Students on exchange in Tembusu College for a minimum period of one year are welcomed to apply\
As Tembusu Ambassadors, you will be presented with opportunities to:
- Develop valuable leadership and communication skills
- Be exposed to cross-cultural interactions
- Make meaningful connections with prospective students and parents by sharing your experience and knowledge of Tembusu College/UTown
- Meet with distinguished visitors in a closer setting
* It is obligatory of all newly recruited Tembusu Ambassadors to attend a half-day workshop on “Communication and Networking Skills” during the mid-term break
We are no longer accepting applications. Thank you for your interest!
Tembusu Ambassadors Period of Appointment: One Academic Year (to be reviewed after one semester of service), renewable upon discretion of Tembusu College Administration Office
For inquiries pertaining to this application process, please feel free to contact: Ms. Sara Kuek (Program Manager for Tembusu Ambassadors) at firstname.lastname@example.org.